City Scores and Ratings
Pros and Cons of Living in Tolleson
You might be looking to move to Tolleson, Arizona or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in Tolleson. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against other cities on a national and state level. While this assessment should give a good detailed idea about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Tolleson, it might not incorporate all areas that might appeal to some people.
Since moving to a new city can be a big decision. Hopefully, this evaluation will help you in your career change, relocation, or just a change.
Living in Tolleson, Arizona
Is Tolleson, Arizona a good place to live?
Yes, Tolleson is a great place to live. Tolleson ranks well in a combination of factors and diversity. Tolleson truly has something for everyone, and that’s why it’s a great place to call home.
Ultimately, what makes a great city to live in is subjective. Some people might prefer a smaller city with a tight-knit community, while others might prefer a larger city with more options. The important thing is that a city provides what its residents need and want. If a city has everything a person is looking for, it can be a great place to live.
There are a lot of factors that make a city a good place to live. One of the most important is affordability. Housing costs shouldn’t consume too much of a person’s income. Another important factor is job availability. A city should have a healthy economy and a variety of jobs to choose from.
A city also needs to be safe. People should feel comfortable walking around at night and there shouldn’t be a lot of crime. Amenities are another important factor. A city should have a variety of restaurants, bars, and other places to go out. It’s also nice if a city has a lot of parks and green spaces.
Finally, a city should be diverse. There should be a variety of cultures and religions represented. People should feel welcome to live in any part of the city. A city that meets all these criteria is a great place to live.
Pros and Cons Details
Pros of Living in Tolleson
- Livability – Tolleson’s overall livability score is above average. This rating is the sum of the city’s data points and factors, and then a weighting of these variables is used to determine a good standard quality of life compared to other cities. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models.
- Cost of Living – When choosing a new place to live, the cost of living is a significant consideration. The cost of living in Tolleson is lower than the national average and most cities in the state. While some areas can be higher than others on a state and federal level, the overall average of housing costs, utilities, grocery items, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services are less expensive.
- Education – See our full report on education in Tolleson, and why it is a significant pro and consideration for living here.
Cons of Living in Tolleson
- Crime – See our full report on crime in Tolleson, and why it is a consideration for living here.
- Population Size – The city only has 7,184 residents which is considered very small. Different surveys have shown that economic conditions are much worse in small towns than in bigger cities.
- High Poverty Rate – Tolleson has a poverty rate of 17.1% of residents, which is higher than in other cities in the United States. The average poverty rate across cities in America is about 10-13%.
Population & Growth
1 Year Growth
5 Year Growth
Who is Living in Tolleson, Arizona? Demographics
The city is filled with many young adults in their 20s and early 30s. The median age in the city is about 29 years old. The typical family has on average 3.6 people including children and parents. The city has a lot to offer with different cultures that can be seen throughout the city. In terms of diversity, on a national level, Tolleson ranks number 754 which is above the national average for diversity and on a state level ranks 11 which is above the state average.
A city’s demographics are important for a variety of reasons. From a business standpoint, knowing the age, income, and education level of a city’s residents can help companies to decide where to locate their businesses. It can also give them insight into what type of products or services will be in demand. For government officials, demographics can play a role in everything from budgeting to planning new infrastructure projects. And for individuals, it can be helpful to know the demographics of a city before moving there, as it can give you a sense of what to expect in terms of your neighbors and the overall atmosphere of the community.
Of course, demographics can also have some drawbacks. If a city’s residents are largely of one age group or income level, it can create challenges in providing adequate services and amenities. And if a city’s demographics change rapidly, it can be difficult for residents to keep up with the changing needs of the community. Nevertheless, knowing the demographics of a city is important for both individuals and businesses alike.
Population of Male and Female Residents
How Does Gender Imbalance Impact a City?
Gender imbalance is important when evaluating a city because it impacts many social aspects. So, what kind of impact on a city does gender imbalance have? According to many studies, there is no one exact answer to this question as it depends on the city and its specific situation. However, generally speaking, a city with a more balanced male-female population would be considered more stable and prosperous.
Studies about gender imbalances have shown that when there are too many or too few men in a population, it can lead to increased crime rates and other social problems. For example, in societies with a large gender imbalance, young men may be more likely to engage in criminal activity in order to prove their masculinity. Conversely, in societies with too many women, they may be at a disadvantage when competing for jobs and other resources.
Recent Insights about Cities in the US
- 10 Best Beach Cities to Live in the US
- 10 Best Places to Live in Colorado for Families
- 10 Best Places to Live in New Jersey for Families 2022
- 10 Most Romantic Cities in the US and Why You’ll Love Them
- Top 10 Prettiest Cities in the US 2022
- Guide To Best Neighborhoods in San Francisco
Write a Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.