City Scores and Ratings
Pros and Cons of Living in San Benito
You might be looking to move to San Benito, Texas or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in San Benito. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against other cities on a national and state level. While this assessment should give a good detailed idea about the advantages and disadvantages of living in San Benito, it might not incorporate all areas that might appeal to some people.
Since moving to a new city can be a big decision. Hopefully, this evaluation will help you in your career change, relocation, or just a change.
Living in San Benito, Texas
Is San Benito, Texas a good place to live?
Yes, San Benito is a great place to live. San Benito ranks well in a combination of education, crime, cost of living and diversity. San Benito truly has something for everyone, and that’s why it’s a great place to call home.
Ultimately, what makes a great city to live in is subjective. Some people might prefer a smaller city with a tight-knit community, while others might prefer a larger city with more options. The important thing is that a city provides what its residents need and want. If a city has everything a person is looking for, it can be a great place to live.
There are a lot of factors that make a city a good place to live. One of the most important is affordability. Housing costs shouldn’t consume too much of a person’s income. Another important factor is job availability. A city should have a healthy economy and a variety of jobs to choose from.
A city also needs to be safe. People should feel comfortable walking around at night and there shouldn’t be a lot of crime. Amenities are another important factor. A city should have a variety of restaurants, bars, and other places to go out. It’s also nice if a city has a lot of parks and green spaces.
Finally, a city should be diverse. There should be a variety of cultures and religions represented. People should feel welcome to live in any part of the city. A city that meets all these criteria is a great place to live.
Pros and Cons Details
Pros of Living in San Benito
- Livability – San Benito’s overall livability score is above average. This rating is the sum of the city’s data points and factors, and then a weighting of these variables is used to determine a good standard quality of life compared to other cities. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models.
- Cost of Living – When choosing a new place to live, the cost of living is a significant consideration. The cost of living in San Benito is lower than the national average and most cities in the state. While some areas can be higher than others on a state and federal level, the overall average of housing costs, utilities, grocery items, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services are less expensive.
- Education – Overall, education for the area is good and ranks high on national and statewide levels compared to other cities. These ranking calculations consider factors such as public school graduation rates, enrollment rates, teacher to student ratios, and student and parent reviews. This data and scores are a weighted average of the area’s schools.
Cons of Living in San Benito
- Crime – In San Benito, crime rates are higher than in other Suburban areas, nationally and statewide. Every day, almost half of the population thinks about crime and safety. If you call San Benito home or are considering moving here, this might be a concern, but many contributing factors to the data we could gather could make this not as much of a concern.
- Population Size – The city only has 24,466 residents which is considered very small. Different surveys have shown that economic conditions are much worse in small towns than in bigger cities.
- High Poverty Rate – San Benito has a poverty rate of 34.7% of residents, which is higher than in other cities in the United States. The average poverty rate across cities in America is about 10-13%.
Population & Growth
1 Year Growth
5 Year Growth
Who Lives in San Benito?
Population of Male and Female Residents
Recent Insights about Cities in the US
- How to Sell Your House in 14 Days – Prep Guide to Sell Your House Fast
- Best Party Cities in the US 2022
- Top 10 most livable US Cities with the highest population 2022
- Top 10 US Big Cities to Live in 2022
- Top 10 cities to live in Florida 2022
- Top 10 US cities to retire in 2022
Write a Review
San Benito Reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.