City Scores and Ratings
Pros and Cons of Living in Oklahoma City
You might be looking to move to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in Oklahoma City. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against other cities on a national and state level. While this assessment should give a good detailed idea about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Oklahoma City, it might not incorporate all areas that might appeal to some people.
Since moving to a new city can be a big decision. Hopefully, this evaluation will help you in your career change, relocation, or just a change.
Living in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Is Oklahoma City, Oklahoma a good place to live?
Yes, Oklahoma City is a great place to live. Oklahoma City ranks well in a combination of factors and diversity. Oklahoma City truly has something for everyone, and that’s why it’s a great place to call home.
Ultimately, what makes a great city to live in is subjective. Some people might prefer a smaller city with a tight-knit community, while others might prefer a larger city with more options. The important thing is that a city provides what its residents need and want. If a city has everything a person is looking for, it can be a great place to live.
There are a lot of factors that make a city a good place to live. One of the most important is affordability. Housing costs shouldn’t consume too much of a person’s income. Another important factor is job availability. A city should have a healthy economy and a variety of jobs to choose from.
A city also needs to be safe. People should feel comfortable walking around at night and there shouldn’t be a lot of crime. Amenities are another important factor. A city should have a variety of restaurants, bars, and other places to go out. It’s also nice if a city has a lot of parks and green spaces.
Finally, a city should be diverse. There should be a variety of cultures and religions represented. People should feel welcome to live in any part of the city. A city that meets all these criteria is a great place to live.
Pros and Cons Details
Pros of Living in Oklahoma City
- Livability – Oklahoma City’s overall livability score is above average. This rating is the sum of the city’s data points and factors, and then a weighting of these variables is used to determine a good standard quality of life compared to other cities. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models.
- Cost of Living – When choosing a new place to live, the cost of living is a significant consideration. The cost of living in Oklahoma City is lower than the national average and most cities in the state. While some areas can be higher than others on a state and federal level, the overall average of housing costs, utilities, grocery items, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services are less expensive.
- Education – See our full report on education in Oklahoma City, and why it is a significant pro and consideration for living here.
- Social Factors from Population Density – A study on the impact of population density on quality of life found a positive correlation between population density and a higher quality of life. In terms of physical, psychological, and social fields, higher levels of life quality scores of people living in high population density than those living in low population densities can be a better indicator of life quality in cities with higher population density.
Cons of Living in Oklahoma City
- Crime – See our full report on crime in Oklahoma City, and why it is a consideration for living here.
- Environmental Factors from Population Density – While there is a correlation between population density and a higher quality of life, it is essential to call out the environmental and stress on each individual. This is considered a con for environmental and stress, but it is a double-edged sword since there are social and economic benefits.
Population & Growth
1 Year Growth
5 Year Growth
Who is Living in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma? Demographics
The city is filled with many young adults and people looking to start a family. The median age in the city is about 34 years old. The typical family has on average 3.3 people including children and parents. This is a very diversified city with lots of different cultures throughout the city. In terms of diversity, on a national level, Oklahoma City ranks number 427 which is above the national average for diversity and on a state level ranks 19 which is above the state average.
A city’s demographics are important for a variety of reasons. From a business standpoint, knowing the age, income, and education level of a city’s residents can help companies to decide where to locate their businesses. It can also give them insight into what type of products or services will be in demand. For government officials, demographics can play a role in everything from budgeting to planning new infrastructure projects. And for individuals, it can be helpful to know the demographics of a city before moving there, as it can give you a sense of what to expect in terms of your neighbors and the overall atmosphere of the community.
Of course, demographics can also have some drawbacks. If a city’s residents are largely of one age group or income level, it can create challenges in providing adequate services and amenities. And if a city’s demographics change rapidly, it can be difficult for residents to keep up with the changing needs of the community. Nevertheless, knowing the demographics of a city is important for both individuals and businesses alike.
Population of Male and Female Residents
How Does Gender Imbalance Impact a City?
Gender imbalance is important when evaluating a city because it impacts many social aspects. So, what kind of impact on a city does gender imbalance have? According to many studies, there is no one exact answer to this question as it depends on the city and its specific situation. However, generally speaking, a city with a more balanced male-female population would be considered more stable and prosperous.
Studies about gender imbalances have shown that when there are too many or too few men in a population, it can lead to increased crime rates and other social problems. For example, in societies with a large gender imbalance, young men may be more likely to engage in criminal activity in order to prove their masculinity. Conversely, in societies with too many women, they may be at a disadvantage when competing for jobs and other resources.
Recent Insights about Cities in the US
- Get the Best Price for Your Home – Tips For Listing Your House For Sale
- What Adds Value to a Home Appraisal: Tricks to get a higher appraisal
- 11 Most Beautiful & Quiet Neighborhoods to Live in New York City
- What Are the Most Important Factors in Deciding Where to Live?
- Top Ten Most Sustainable and Green Cities In the US
- Best US Cities to Visit in 2022
Write a Review
Oklahoma City Reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.