City Scores and Ratings
Pros and Cons of Living in Kings Mountain
You might be looking to move to Kings Mountain, North Carolina or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in Kings Mountain. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against other cities on a national and state level. While this assessment should give a good detailed idea about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Kings Mountain, it might not incorporate all areas that might appeal to some people.
Since moving to a new city can be a big decision. Hopefully, this evaluation will help you in your career change, relocation, or just a change.
Living in Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Is Kings Mountain, North Carolina a good place to live?
Yes, Kings Mountain is a great place to live. Kings Mountain ranks well in a combination of education, crime, cost of living and diversity. Kings Mountain truly has something for everyone, and that’s why it’s a great place to call home.
Ultimately, what makes a great city to live in is subjective. Some people might prefer a smaller city with a tight-knit community, while others might prefer a larger city with more options. The important thing is that a city provides what its residents need and want. If a city has everything a person is looking for, it can be a great place to live.
There are a lot of factors that make a city a good place to live. One of the most important is affordability. Housing costs shouldn’t consume too much of a person’s income. Another important factor is job availability. A city should have a healthy economy and a variety of jobs to choose from.
A city also needs to be safe. People should feel comfortable walking around at night and there shouldn’t be a lot of crime. Amenities are another important factor. A city should have a variety of restaurants, bars, and other places to go out. It’s also nice if a city has a lot of parks and green spaces.
Finally, a city should be diverse. There should be a variety of cultures and religions represented. People should feel welcome to live in any part of the city. A city that meets all these criteria is a great place to live.
Pros and Cons Details
Pros of Living in Kings Mountain
- Livability – Kings Mountain’s overall livability score is above average. This rating is the sum of the city’s data points and factors, and then a weighting of these variables is used to determine a good standard quality of life compared to other cities. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models.
- Cost of Living – When choosing a new place to live, the cost of living is a significant consideration. The cost of living in Kings Mountain is lower than the national average and most cities in the state. While some areas can be higher than others on a state and federal level, the overall average of housing costs, utilities, grocery items, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services are less expensive.
- Crime – In Kings Mountain, crime rates are lower than in other Suburban areas, nationally and statewide. Every day, almost half of the population thinks about crime and safety. If you call Kings Mountain home or are considering moving here, odds are your shouldn’t worry as much, and it is a significant pro and consideration for living here.
- Education – Overall, education for the area is good and ranks high on national and statewide levels compared to other cities. These ranking calculations consider factors such as public school graduation rates, enrollment rates, teacher to student ratios, and student and parent reviews. This data and scores are a weighted average of the area’s schools.
Cons of Living in Kings Mountain
- Population Size – The city only has 10,955 residents which is considered very small. Different surveys have shown that economic conditions are much worse in small towns than in bigger cities.
- High Poverty Rate – Kings Mountain has a poverty rate of 17.8% of residents, which is higher than in other cities in the United States. The average poverty rate across cities in America is about 10-13%.
Population & Growth
1 Year Growth
5 Year Growth
Who Lives in Kings Mountain?
Population of Male and Female Residents
Recent Insights about Cities in the US
- How to Sell Your House in 14 Days – Prep Guide to Sell Your House Fast
- Best Party Cities in the US 2022
- Top 10 most livable US Cities with the highest population 2022
- Top 10 US Big Cities to Live in 2022
- Top 10 cities to live in Florida 2022
- Top 10 US cities to retire in 2022
Write a Review
Kings Mountain Reviews
Corrupt county and state government
County sheriff’s office is allowed to, without a court order, make you leave where you live in 10 minutes or be arrested for trespassing even though you have a rent receipt and did not get an eviction notice. They will not deliver court orders, causing you to be robbed of all your belongings. No one in the state will help you. Not attorneys or government officials.