Livability scores are on a scale of 0-100, each score is individually based on all the data that is collected and then ran through a machine learning algorithm and combined with a standard methodology.
Pros and Cons of Living in Helena
You might be looking to move to Helena, Oklahoma or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in Helena. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against other cities on a national and state level. While this assessment should give a good detailed idea about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Helena, it might not incorporate all areas that might appeal to some people.
Since moving to a new city can be a big decision. Hopefully, this evaluation will help you in your career change, relocation, or just a change.
Summary of Pros and Cons
- Cost of Living
- Population Size
- Gender Ratio Imbalance
Living in Helena, Oklahoma
Pros and Cons Details
Pros of Living in Helena
- Livability – Helena’s overall livability score is above average. This rating is the sum of the city’s data points and factors, and then a weighting of these variables is used to determine a good standard quality of life compared to other cities. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models.
- Cost of Living – When choosing a new place to live, the cost of living is a significant consideration. The cost of living in Helena is lower than the national average and most cities in the state. While some areas can be higher than others on a state and federal level, the overall average of housing costs, utilities, grocery items, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services are less expensive.
- Crime – In Helena, crime rates are lower than in other Suburban areas, nationally and statewide. Every day, almost half of the population thinks about crime and safety. If you call Helena home or are considering moving here, odds are your shouldn’t worry as much, and it is a significant pro and consideration for living here.
- Education – Overall, education for the area is good and ranks high on national and statewide levels compared to other cities. These ranking calculations consider factors such as public school graduation rates, enrollment rates, teacher to student ratios, and student and parent reviews. This data and scores are a weighted average of the area’s schools.
Cons of Living in Helena
- Population Size – The city only has 1,508 residents which is considered very small. Different surveys have shown that economic conditions are much worse in small towns than in bigger cities.
- Gender Ratio Imbalance – There is a significantly higher male population of 82.6% in Helena. While this might not be a significant disadvantage, it might be worth considering when evaluating the city. Studies on gender gaps show that women will “marry up,” eventually leaving the least attractive men with little opportunity for marriage with a lack of women on the marriage market. There is proof that increased rates of antisocial behavior and aggression may arise from this type of environment.
Population & Growth
1 Year Growth
5 Year Growth
Who Lives in Helena?
Population of Male and Female Residents
Write a Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.