Livability scores are on a scale of 0-100, each score is individually based on all the data that is collected and then ran through a machine learning algorithm and combined with a standard methodology.
Pros and Cons of Living in Glidden
You might be looking to move to Glidden, Texas or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in Glidden. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against other cities on a national and state level. While this assessment should give a good detailed idea about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Glidden, it might not incorporate all areas that might appeal to some people.
Since moving to a new city can be a big decision. Hopefully, this evaluation will help you in your career change, relocation, or just a change.
Summary of Pros and Cons
- Cost of Living
- Low Poverty Rate
- Population Size
- Declining Population Growth
Living in Glidden, Texas
Pros and Cons Details
Pros of Living in Glidden
- Livability – Glidden’s overall livability score is above average. This rating is the sum of the city’s data points and factors, and then a weighting of these variables is used to determine a good standard quality of life compared to other cities. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models.
- Cost of Living – When choosing a new place to live, the cost of living is a significant consideration. The cost of living in Glidden is lower than the national average and most cities in the state. While some areas can be higher than others on a state and federal level, the overall average of housing costs, utilities, grocery items, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services are less expensive.
- Crime – In Glidden, crime rates are lower than in other Sparse Suburban areas, nationally and statewide. Every day, almost half of the population thinks about crime and safety. If you call Glidden home or are considering moving here, odds are your shouldn’t worry as much, and it is a significant pro and consideration for living here.
- Education – Overall, education for the area is good and ranks high on national and statewide levels compared to other cities. These ranking calculations consider factors such as public school graduation rates, enrollment rates, teacher to student ratios, and student and parent reviews. This data and scores are a weighted average of the area’s schools.
- Low Poverty Rate – There is a lower poverty rates in Glidden than in other cities in the United States. The average poverty rate across cities in America is about 10-13%.
Cons of Living in Glidden
- Population Size – The city only has 911 residents which is considered very small. Different surveys have shown that economic conditions are much worse in small towns than in bigger cities.
- Declining Population Growth – The population of Glidden has seen a steady decline in the past 5 years. While a population decline can happen for many reasons, it might not be a concern, but it is something to watch. A decrease in the residents of a city has many factors or one critical incident. Reasons residents move away from an area can be due to short-term events, such as pandemics, conflicts, food shortages, other catastrophes, or long-term demographic patterns, such as the low birth rate or residents’ migration. These also can trigger a domino effect, which can trigger a further population decline because of economic impacts since there is less demand for basic services such as hotels, restaurants, and shops. The employment in these sectors then suffers.
Population & Growth
1 Year Growth
5 Year Growth
Who Lives in Glidden?
Population of Male and Female Residents
Write a Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.