Livability scores are on a scale of 0-100, each score is individually based on all the data that is collected and then ran through a machine learning algorithm and combined with a standard methodology.
Pros and Cons of Living in Coal City
You might be looking to move to Coal City, West Virginia or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in Coal City. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against other cities on a national and state level. While this assessment should give a good detailed idea about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Coal City, it might not incorporate all areas that might appeal to some people.
Since moving to a new city can be a big decision. Hopefully, this evaluation will help you in your career change, relocation, or just a change.
Summary of Pros and Cons
- Cost of Living
- Population Size
- Declining Population Growth
Living in Coal City, West Virginia
Is Coal City, West Virginia a good place to live?
Yes, Wolf Lake is a great place to live. Coal City ranks well in a combination of education, crime, cost of living and diversity. Coal City truly has something for everyone, and that’s why it’s a great place to call home.
Ultimately, what makes a great city to live in is subjective. Some people might prefer a smaller city with a tight-knit community, while others might prefer a larger city with more options. The important thing is that a city provides what its residents need and want. If a city has everything a person is looking for, it can be a great place to live.
There are a lot of factors that make a city a good place to live. One of the most important is affordability. Housing costs shouldn’t consume too much of a person’s income. Another important factor is job availability. A city should have a healthy economy and a variety of jobs to choose from.
A city also needs to be safe. People should feel comfortable walking around at night and there shouldn’t be a lot of crime. Amenities are another important factor. A city should have a variety of restaurants, bars, and other places to go out. It’s also nice if a city has a lot of parks and green spaces.
Finally, a city should be diverse. There should be a variety of cultures and religions represented. People should feel welcome to live in any part of the city. A city that meets all these criteria is a great place to live.
Pros and Cons Details
Pros of Living in Coal City
- Livability – Coal City’s overall livability score is above average. This rating is the sum of the city’s data points and factors, and then a weighting of these variables is used to determine a good standard quality of life compared to other cities. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models.
- Cost of Living – When choosing a new place to live, the cost of living is a significant consideration. The cost of living in Coal City is lower than the national average and most cities in the state. While some areas can be higher than others on a state and federal level, the overall average of housing costs, utilities, grocery items, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services are less expensive.
- Crime – In Coal City, crime rates are lower than in other Sparse Suburban areas, nationally and statewide. Every day, almost half of the population thinks about crime and safety. If you call Coal City home or are considering moving here, odds are your shouldn’t worry as much, and it is a significant pro and consideration for living here.
- Education – Overall, education for the area is good and ranks high on national and statewide levels compared to other cities. These ranking calculations consider factors such as public school graduation rates, enrollment rates, teacher to student ratios, and student and parent reviews. This data and scores are a weighted average of the area’s schools.
Cons of Living in Coal City
- Population Size – The city only has 1,810 residents which is considered very small. Different surveys have shown that economic conditions are much worse in small towns than in bigger cities.
- Declining Population Growth – The population of Coal City has seen a steady decline in the past 5 years. While a population decline can happen for many reasons, it might not be a concern, but it is something to watch. A decrease in the residents of a city has many factors or one critical incident. Reasons residents move away from an area can be due to short-term events, such as pandemics, conflicts, food shortages, other catastrophes, or long-term demographic patterns, such as the low birth rate or residents’ migration. These also can trigger a domino effect, which can trigger a further population decline because of economic impacts since there is less demand for basic services such as hotels, restaurants, and shops. The employment in these sectors then suffers.
Population & Growth
1 Year Growth
5 Year Growth
Who Lives in Coal City?
Population of Male and Female Residents
Write a Review
Coal City Reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.